3 additional temporary bridges were built in Central London (5 all together throughout London) during World War II to aid as additional crossings incase of bomb damage to another nearby bridge, these could still be used.
One of the temporary bridges could be found just below Westminster Bridge , and another at Battersea. 4 of the bridges were dismantled between 1947 and 1948 and another retained for pedestrian and cyclist use for a while longer.
Below is a quote from a 1947 newspaper regarding the removal of the bridges
“Mr. W. Foster asked the Minister of Transport if the temporary bridges put over the River Thames during the war could not now be dismantled, and the steel and timber used in their construction put to some useful purpose”